Rental Cars in Port Chalmers, Dunedin
Arriving at Port Chalmers, Dunedin on a Cruise Ship? Want to explore Dunedin at your own leisure? Then rent a car or van from Pegasus, a great option if you’re looking to get around at your own pace to do some local sightseeing.
No need to worry about tight touring schedules when you can take your time and drive where it suits.
Our staff have extensive local knowledge so we can recommend places of interest and provide maps and brochures of all the best activities/attractions that Dunedin and its surroundings has to offer.
Please note: this service is unavailable from 22 December 2018 – 6 January 2019.
We Make it Easy to Rent a Car Direct from the Port
- Direct Port Chalmers pick up and drop off.
- All daily rates include GST and insurance.
- Unlimited kilometres.
- AA 24-hour NZ Roadside Assistance cover.
- GPS navigation and child seats available.
- Wide selection of well-maintained rental vehicles with good fuel economy.
- Friendly staff with great local knowledge.
- The car you select is the car you will get.
Rental Car Service for Cruise Ship Passengers from the Terminal
Arriving into Port Chalmers on a Cruise Ship? Simply contact us in advance and we’ll be waiting in the terminal with your rental car as soon as you disembark. Once you have enjoyed your travels, return the vehicle to the Port Chalmers terminal at the end of the day,
Our rental cars at Port Chalmers
We have a wide range of vehicles from small hatchbacks to 11-seater minivans. No matter how big your group we’re sure we can help get you on the road exploring as soon as possible! Call the team on 0800 35 45 02 to find out more.
Variety of Rental Cars at Port Chalmers
We have a wide range of vehicles from small hatchbacks to 11-seater minivans. No matter how big your group we’re sure we can help get you on the road exploring as soon as possible! Call the team on 1800 004 868 (if in Australia) or 0800 35 45 02 (in NZ) to find out more or Email us
Attractions You Can Drive to in Dunedin
We’ll be more than happy to impart our knowledge of the Otago region!
From the ‘must do’s’ and places of interest – feel free to ask us. Local maps and brochures of all the best attractions in and around Dunedin are available at our branch.
- the amazing Moeraki Boulders, about an hour’s drive from Dunedin
- Baldwin Street, the world’s steepest residential street
- Larnach Castle is one of New Zealand’s premier visitor attractions
- Orokonui Ecosanctuary, home of the world’s most fascinating and rare wildlife and native New Zealand forest
- Explore the Otago Peninsula and see some wildlife or go for some beautiful short walks
Cruise Ship Pick up/Drop Off
Cruise Ship Specials
“We had a wonderful Pegasus experience. My girlfriend recommended you as she had already made a booking with you directly. We arrived on the Sun Princess and were met at the dock and returned the vehicle to the dock also. From my first phone call I felt welcomed and nothing was a problem, Your rate for the day hire was very reasonable. Thank you for a wonderful experience and easy transaction on the day.”
Just thought I would drop you a note of appreciation. Your cooperation and interaction in regard our recent car hire was extremely efficient, thoughtful and helpful. We very much appreciated your assistance. I expect the changed itinerary for the MS Oosterdam was beneficial but not without complications for you and many other businesses at Dunedin and Port Chalmers. We enjoyed our stay and left with good memories kind thoughts for a lovely community. Thank you for your role in all of that