Pegasus Rental Cars Whangarei
|Address:||54 Maunu Road, Whangarei|
|Phone:||(09) 438 2962 | 0800 35 45 12|
|Fax:||(09) 438 8384|
|Hours:||8am - 5pm Monday to Sunday|
- Airport Pick Up/Drop Off
- Bus Depot Pick Up/Drop Off
Welcome to Whangarei
We are Evan & Jo, Pegasus Rental Cars Northland.
Our Mission Statement is:
We will provide you with quality rental vehicles at a competitive price and have outstanding customer service that exceeds your expectations. Our core values are:
Customer service: We are enthusiastic friendly, helpful and prepared to go the extra mile for you. Our staff will be knowledgeable about Northland and be able to give advice and guidance to ensure you have a great time in Northland.
Integrity: We operate our business based on our personal values and beliefs, especially honesty and trust. Value: We give you value for your money and aim to provide quality used cars at reasonable/competitive prices for the average person.
Come to beautiful Northland New Zealand an area where you will never be more than 30 minutes away from the Tasman Sea or the Pacific Ocean.
Northland is one of the warmest areas of New Zealand and Winter is a great time to visit.
Take long leisurely walks on the beach or visit local tourist spots without the crowds. Owner operators Evan and Jo at Pegasus Rental Cars in Whangarei would love to help you with your car rental requirements.
They are open 7 days and are situated only a short walk from the Whangarei City Centre and the beautiful Quayside Marina with its awesome cafes and galleries.
Hire a car and explore the extensive picturesque Sub Tropical Quarry Gardens in Whangarei and walk the beautiful tracks developed in the old quarry site.
You can take your rental car on a circuit around northland. Head West to Visit the stunning Kaiiwi Lakes, travel though the lush Waipoua forest and be amazed at Tane Mahuta the biggest Kauri tree in New Zealand.
You can head right to the top of New Zealand to Cape Reinga a very spiritual, beautiful place. On your way back to Whangarei you can visit the Bay of Islands and maybe travel on the ferry to historic Russell.
We can get you to all these places and more in one of our rental cars. We can provide you with free maps and can pick you up or drop you off from the Onerahi airport or Rose street intercity bus station.
Jo and Evan can guarantee fast, friendly, fantastic service. All our rental vehicles are:
- exceptionally clean rental cars
- well maintained rental cars
- Competitively priced
We would love to give you a quote on a rental vehicle and we are more than happy to advise you on the best way to spend whatever time you have touring through this most diverse friendly region of New Zealand.
We also provide rental cars in Dargaville and the Bay of Islands.
Pick up/drop off
- We can meet your flight and collect you from the Onerahi/Whangarei Airport. We then drive back to our depot in the city centre to do the paperwork. This is an easy 10 minute drive.
- On your departure you may leave the rental vehicle at the Whangarei Airport.
- We can provide a pick up and drop off service from any accommodation provider within Whangarei City boundaries.
- We can meet your bus at the intercity bus stop in Rose Street Whangarei. We are happy to drop you back there at the end of your hire. This is a free service.
Tourism Northland New Zealand
RWC2011 'Postcards from New Zealand' with Ian Jones
West to East Coast Circuit
- From Whangarei head West to Dargaville.
- Stop off at Blah Blah Blah in Dargaville for a great coffee and a snack.
- Continue on your journey heading north.
- Visit the amazing Kai Iwi lakes that are the most beautiful blue and green colours.
- Travel through the Waipoua Forest and see the biggest Kauri Tree in NZ (Tane Mahuta)
- Continue onto Omapere on the beautiful Hokianga Harbour.
- Change direction and head East towards Kaikohe.
- Visit Kerikeri and Paihia.
- You may wish to travel by passenger Ferry to Russell or go on the car Ferry via Opua.
- Head home to Whangarei on SH1.
- Make a quick detour to Kawakawa to visit the famous Hundertwasser toilets.
- Back to Whangarei for breakfast, lunch or tea at the beautiful town basin.
Free things to see and do around Whangarei
- Visit the Whangarei Falls in Tikipunga.
- Visit the Whangarei Quarry Gardens in Russell Road (donation appreciated).
- Visit the Quarry Arts Centre.
- Visit Abbey Caves.
- Go to Botanica Gardens – Fernery Conservatory & Cacti House.
- Look at Whangarei from the top of Mt Parihaka lookout.
- Visit the Whangarei Native Bird Recovery Centre (donation appreciated).
- Take the kids for a play at the amazing play ground at the town basin.
- Visit Mair Park. A peaceful native bush area with lots of walks and places for picnics.
- Visit the Quay at the town basin and see the amazing galleries and other awesome shops.
- Visit the Claphams National Clock Museum, Quayside at the Town basin.
- Visit the Museum & Kiwi House at Heritage Park in Maunu.
- Have an adrenaline rush at the Adventure Park in Glenbervie Forest.
- Go to the Marsden Point Oil Refinery Visitor Centre.
- Go to the Whangarei Aquatic wave and heated pool Centre at Riverside.
- Fresh, locally grown produce is available at the Growers Market in Water Street.
- Saturday mornings 6am-10.30am
Quarry Market Day
- Artwork from local artists.
- Food and entertainment.
- First Sunday of the month, 10am-3pm at the local Quarry Arts Centre.
"Booked online. Very easy and hassle free. When we arrived everything was organised and car was ready to go. Thanks for the great service."
K Cooper & N Muir, WA.
"Sincere gratitude for the amazing service provided. They went the extra mile to make the entire process so easy and stress less."
"Kia ora Pegasus,
I would use your rental services again and will also be encouraging my children to use Pegasus when they come back to NZ for their holidays. Your rental hire is so very affordable, the vehicle was spotless, what more can you ask for."
Julie Palmerston North
GET A QUOTE